Impact of air quality on lung health:
The respiratory system is a primary target of the harmful effects of key air pollutants of health concern. It is well known that episodes of exposure to high concentrations of outdoor air pollutants can cause acute respiratory exacerbations or lungs disease.
Smoking and Respiratory Disease
Tobacco kills more than 8 million people each year. More than 7 million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while around 1.2 million are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke
smoking can cause lung disease by damaging your airways and the small air sacs (alveoli) found in your lungs. Cigarette smoking causes most cases of lung cancer. If you have asthma, tobacco smoke can trigger an attack or make an attack worse. It is said that with every puff of cigarette smoke, 1017 oxidants/1014 reactive oxygen species enter into lungs.
Oxidant/antioxidant imbalance leads to oxidative stress, a common cause of lung damage. Studies say that oxidative stress in the lungs contributes to the pathogenesis of several inflammatory lung diseases.
What are the consequences of oxidative stress on Respiratory system?
- Activation of neutrophils also leads to destruction of the alveolar wall.
- Neutrophil releases tissue-degrading enzymes such as elastases, which impair mucociliary clearance and stimulate goblet cell metaplasia and mucin production.
- Increased sputum neutrophilia in smokers with chronic cough and sputum production shows a decrease in the forced expiratory volume (FEV1).
- Oxidative stress has been implicated in the remodeling of the extracellular matrix in lung injury.
Strengthen the lungs with suitable supplement to tackle the increased burden of oxidants caused by Smoking and Air Pollution
- By supplementing the antioxidants, it should be possible to limit oxidative damage and reduce disease progression.
- Accelerating Mucolytic activity
- Expectorant will help to sputum clearance
- Anti-inflammatory activity will help to prevent infection
- Detox and purify Lungs
- Overall enhancement of respiratory health and lungs protection
About Muciapp C
Muciapp C is Effervescent, Orange flavoured, Sugar Free tablet. A Unique Nutritional formula of N-Acetylcysteine (NAC)600 Mg and Vitamin C 40Mg,460 Amla extract.
Vitamin C: A Strong immunity Booster
Vitamin C functions as a cofactor, enzyme complement, co-substrate, and a powerful anti-oxidant in a variety of reactions and metabolic processes. It also enhances iron absorption. It neutralizes free radicals and toxins as well as attenuates inflammatory response, including sepsis syndrome.
Vitamin C contributes to immune defence by supporting various cellular functions of both the innate and adaptive immune system.
- It plays an important role in immune function and improves the absorption of non-heme iron, the form of iron present in plant-based foods.
- Insufficient intake causes scurvy; characterized by fatigue, connective tissue weakness, and capillary fragility
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) as strong respiratory Antioxidant: –
N‐acetylcysteine protects the lungs against toxic agents by increasing pulmonary defense mechanisms through its direct antioxidant properties and indirect role as a precursor in glutathione synthesis
Lung Detox: Mucolytic & Expectorant activity of NAC
- Acts as a mucolytic agent by breaking the disulphide bridges in the mucus. In turn it reduces the viscosity and elasticity of the mucus.
- NAC may also act as an expectorant by stimulating ciliary action and the gastro-pulmonary vagal reflex, thereby clearing mucus from the airways.
Chest tonic in conditions of hypermucos secretion and oxidative stress in
- Pollution – Environment, Industry, Chulla Smoke, Indoor aerosol products, allergens, inhaling toxic fumes/paints/chemicals
- Smoking Radiation & Stress – work physical – mental/ workouts, sedimentary life style
- Pulmonary conditions
- Asthma, COPD, Emphysema, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, IPF, Pulmonary reperfusion-induced injury, silicosis, ARDS, cancer
- Immunity booster
Dosage and Administration
- Take one Muciapp C effervescent Tablet from the tube.
- Drop in 250 ml of water in a glass
- The effervescent tablets should be dissolved in a glass of water
- Ensure contamination free water
SIDE EFFECTS OF MUCIAPP-C EFFERVESCENT TABLET
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your Dietitian if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Muciapp C
Fever Nausea, Vomiting. Rash
Alcohol SAFE: Consuming alcohol with Muciapp C Effervescent Tablet Orange Sugar Free does not cause any harmful side effects.
Pregnancy: Muciapp C Effervescent Tablet Orange Sugar Free is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there are limited human studies.
Breastfeeding: Muciapp C Effervescent Tablet Orange Sugar Free is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Driving: Muciapp C Effervescent Tablet Orange Sugar Free does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Kidney: Muciapp C Effervescent Tablet Orange Sugar Free is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Muciapp C Effervescent Tablet Orange Sugar Free may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your Dietitian.
Liver: Muciapp C Effervescent Tablet Orange Sugar Free is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Muciapp C Effervescent Tablet Orange Sugar Free may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your Dietitian.
Muciaap C is manufactured in India and packaged in an ISO, FDA, GMP approved facility complying with the most stringent quality guidelines for safety, purity and potency.
Disclaimer: This product does not claim to treat cure or diagnose any disease, please ask your clinician if any query.